Sunday, March 7, 2010

hey, dalton: that thing you do.




here's the thing. Road House is one of those entrancing movies. I cant stare away. and it doesn't even slightly embarrass me to confess this.

nor am I alone.

so: I'm not gonna lie. I love this damn movie. any time I see it on the tele, I turn to it (kudos AMC). And yes, I watch it. I watch Swayze punch people to the ground. I watch Swayze get cut then fall in love with Kelly Lynch. I watch Swayze mourn the death of Sam Elliott. I watch every damn time like it never happened.

the chicks, they dig Dirty Dancing. well, this motherfucker here loves Road House. he loves the explosions, the fights, the Jeff Healey Band, the punch that rips out the throat. He loves it and there are no regrets.

Road House might be my generation's Citizen Kane. it's that good. well, no. it isnt that good. but it's good enough to make me watch it every damn time it's on.

and here I am. embracing it. like I should. like we all should.

God Bless you Dalton. God bless you for cleaning up the dirtiness of bartime-lousiness in your mulleted glory. God bless you for making me fall in love with you again. and again. and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment